Tools within GAP
Some of the tools within the program include:
- self-assessments to identify areas to learn, an individually designed accommodations letter for teachers and employers,
- a comprehensive guide to various technologies including an FM selection wizard, plus activities and resources.
There are also special sections for professionals and parents to support this transition to independence and ideas for how to implement the GAP program.
The GAP application is a zipped 20.6 MB file. This program is designed to run on a PC after it has downloaded and burned to a disc. If you have a MAC, you will need software that simulates a PC.
This program is designed to run on a PC. If you have a MAC, you will need software that simulates a PC.
Note: Technical assistance to run this program is not available through Phonak.
To get started, simply click on the Guide to Access Planning link in the Downloads section to the right.
- You will be prompted to download or save the application. Choose save and save the application to a cd.
- Once the application is downloaded, burn the disc.
- Eject the disc, then re-insert it into your computer.
- The program will start automatically and guide you through the operation.
- Be sure to review the User Guide that is contained in the program.
- Navigation support is best obtained through someone who is skilled with computer software programs.