iPhone® mobile devices
How do I connect my Phonak Audéo B-Direct Bluetooth hearing aids to my iPhone mobile device?
- Go to the iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” icon.
- In the settings menu, tap on the ”Bluetooth” icon.
- Tap on the slider button next to Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth on.
- First open for 5 seconds and then close the battery doors of the Audéo B-Direct hearing aids.
- After several seconds, the name of your Audéo B-Direct will appear on the iPhone screen. Tap on it to select.
- You will now see a message, “Bluetooth Pairing Request.” Click “Pair”.
- A connection beep will be heard in the paired hearing aid.
- Your iPhone is now connected to Audéo B-Direct.
Why is my iPhone mobile device not finding my Phonak Audéo B-Direct Bluetooth hearing aids?
i. Is Bluetooth currently activated on your phone?
There are two ways to do this:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone screen to bring up the Control Center menu.
- Swipe toward the right side of the screen until you see a row of icons at the top of the Control Center menu.
- In the top row of icons, verify the Bluetooth symbol is highlighted blue.
- If not, click the icon to activate Bluetooth.
- From the iPhone home screen click the “Settings” menu.
- From the settings menu, click on “Bluetooth”.
- Verify the slider button is green.
- If the slider button is not green, click it to activate Bluetooth.
ii. Is there a fresh battery in the hearing aid?
- Replace the battery in the hearing aid.
- First open for 5 seconds and then close the battery door to place the hearing aid in pairing mode.
- The hearing aid will be in pairing mode for three minutes.
- Now you can pair the hearing aids.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.