Phonak Virto V and Phonak CROS II Custom: AUDIBLY BIG, VISIBLY SMALL
Phonak presents new custom hearing solutions based on powerful Venture platform with AutoSense OS at EUHA congress 2015
Nuremberg, Germany (October 14, 2015) – The new custom Phonak Virto V is the latest addition to the Phonak portfolio based on the powerful Venture platform with AutoSense OS.
Phonak Virto V will feature key innovations such as:
- 15% and 33% better speech understanding in noise compared to 2 leading competitor products1
- Full Venture performance with a 25% smaller surface2 thanks to new technologies like Floating AntennaTM
- Innovative design and placement featuring a faceplate with nano-coated battery doors, volume control and a push button, resulting in 20%3 better usability
- Up to 30% less battery consumption compared to previous hearing aid generation
There is no other hearing aid this small, capable of this much performance
“We are very sensitive to the needs of those seeking a discreet yet powerful hearing solution”, said Martin Grieder, Group Vice President Phonak. “The new Phonak Virto V offers an even clearer and more natural sound quality than the previous generation of custom hearing aids. There is no other hearing aid this small that is capable of this much performance.”
“Phonak Virto V is a very big improvement in technology and in aesthetics. It’s also very comfortable,” said Bill Shull, a participant in the product validation study. “I don’t miss having to think about my hearing environment. My Virto V’s very effectively pick up where I am and what I need - and work seamlessly.”
Phonak Virto V-10: Audibly big, visibly small
Other Phonak Virto V feature highlights include:
- Binaural VoiceStream TechnologyTM: streams the full audio bandwidth between the two hearing aids in real time
- Wireless Functionality: allows for an extra boost in challenging listening situations and connects Virto V with the comprehensive Phonak Wireless Communication Portfolio all the way down to a CIC form factor
- Acoustically Optimized Venting: uses sophisticated algorithms to define the acoustic mass, model and vent for providing maximum hearing comfort and performance
- Tinnitus Balance noise generator: Phonak Virto V is the first Phonak custom product to offer this feature
Smart solution for single-sided deafness
Phonak CROS II Custom, the only custom solution for single-sided deafness wirelessly transmits sound from the unaidable ear to a wireless custom Venture hearing aid worn on the better hearing ear. This allows people with single-sided deafness to hear speech from the side they could not hear from before. Based on the Venture platform, Phonak CROS II is even easier to fit, consumes up to 30% less battery than the previous CROS generation and delivers 40%4 better speech understanding in noise.
Phonak CROS II Custom is compatible with all wireless Phonak Virto V hearing aids with Binaural VoiceStream Technology™.
The new Phonak Virto V and Phonak CROS II Custom is available with immediate effect.
Phonak CROS II Custom: the only custom solution for single-sided deafness
1 Hörzentrum Oldenburg, „Benchmark of modern custom-made hearing devices“ (2015)
2 Compared to the previous generation. Phonak Research Center in Staefa
3 Validation, Phonak Research Center in Staefa; Push button in models Virto V-nano, Virto V-10 NW O, Virto V-10 O
4 Ebbing S, Omisore D (2015) “Phonak CROS II - Improved speech understanding thanks to binaural beamforming”, Phonak Field Study News (July 2015)
Press Release: Phonak Virto V and Phonak CROS II Custom
Headquartered near Zurich, Switzerland, Phonak, a member of Sonova Group, has developed, produced and globally distributed state-of-the-art hearing systems and wireless devices for more than 60 years. The combination of expertise in hearing technology, mastery in acoustics and strong cooperation with hearing care professionals allows Phonak to significantly improve people’s hearing ability and speech understanding and therefore their quality of life.
Phonak offers a complete range of digital hearing instruments, along with complementary wireless communication systems. With a worldwide presence, Phonak drives innovation and sets new industry benchmarks regarding miniaturization and performance.