Stäfa (Switzerland), October 11, 2019 – Phonak, a world’s leading hearing aid provider, is proud to announce that hearing care professionals around the world have fit one million Marvel hearing aids in only ten months. This makes Phonak Marvel the fastest product to reach the one million milestone in Phonak history and puts Marvel on track to be the company’s best-selling hearing aid of all time. Today’s announcement comes less than two months after Phonak launched Marvel 2.0, including the “No-Compromise” Phonak Audéo™ M-RT, the world’s first all-in-one hearing aid combining clear, rich sound, universal Bluetooth® connectivity, lithium-ion rechargeability, binaural direct streaming, integrated telecoil and integrated RogerDirect™ technology for unparalleled hearing performance in loud noise and over distance.
Top-Rated Among Professionals
Since becoming available in 2018, Phonak Marvel hearing aids have consistently earned top praise among the professional audiology community. In fact, 95% of hearing care professionals would recommend Marvel hearing aids to their peers.1 According to several recent benchmark studies, Phonak Audéo Marvel hearing aids are also rated:
- Highest in first fit acceptance among first time wearers2
- Best in overall hearing aid sound quality3
- Highest in overall satisfaction among all latest RIC devices4
- Best and easiest connectivity solution4
- Best in rechargeability4
“You don’t achieve the type of success we’ve had with Marvel by simply following the crowd,” said Martin Grieder, Group Vice President of Marketing for Sonova. “We forged our own path with Marvel, resulting in a no-compromise hearing aid that combines outstanding hearing performance with industry-leading connectivity. With one million Marvel hearing aids fit and counting, it’s clear that hearing care professionals and consumers around the globe have made Phonak Marvel the industry’s must-have hearing aid.”
Consumers Agree: Marvel is ‘Love at First Sound’
Consumer satisfaction with Marvel has also contributed to its popularity among both first-time and veteran hearing aid wearers. According to a recent study5, 9 out of 10 consumers would recommend their Marvel hearing aids to family and friends. The same study found 8 out of 10 consumers agreed with the following statements:
- Marvel provides exceptional sound quality from the first fit
- I understand conversations better even in noisy environments
- I find the sound quality is exceptional even when streaming
The Most Award-Winning Hearing Aid in Phonak history
In less than one year, Phonak Marvel has also been the recipient of many prestigious awards and accolades, making it the most award-winning product in Phonak history. In January of 2019, Marvel received a 2019 CES Innovation Award for Accessibility. In April, Marvel won a Silver Edison Award for Hearing Aid Design and in June, Marvel was winner of both the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards and The Mobile Business Awards. More recently, Phonak Marvel earned a Gold Stevie™ Award, was named “Innovation of the Year” in the 2019 International Business Awards and won the Medical Marketing & Media Award for its “Love at First Sound” Campaign.
1. Phonak market survey #1241 “Marvel Post Launch Research B2B,” survey conducted in Canada, Germany, USA, January 2019 (215 participants). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Rakita, L. & Steward, E. (2018). Best first fit experience from Phonak. Phonak Marvel. Phonak Field Study News. Retrieved from https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/resources/information-forms/evidence/Library.html, accessed August 28, 2019
3. Jansen, S. & Woodward, J. (2018). Love at first sound: the new Phonak precalcuation. Phonak Insight. Retrieved from https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/resources/information-forms/evidence/Library.html, accessed August 28, 2019
4. Knorr, H. & Ritter N. (2019) Market Research ID1359. n=203 HCPs in USA. Please contact marketinsight@Phonak.com if you are interested in further information.
5. Taphungtsang, D. (2019) Market Research ID1241. n=204 HCPs in USA, Canada, Germany. Please contact marketinsight@Phonak.com if you are interested in further information
Bluetooth® word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Sonova AG is under license.
Headquartered near Zurich, Switzerland, Phonak, a member of the Sonova Group, was created in 1947 out of a passion for taking on the most difficult hearing challenges. Seventy years later, this passion remains. As the industry’s leading innovator, we offer the broadest portfolio of life-changing hearing solutions. From pediatric to profound hearing loss, we remain committed to creating hearing solutions that change people’s lives to thrive socially and emotionally. We believe in creating a world where ‘Life is on’ for everyone.
At Phonak, we believe that hearing well is essential to living life to the fullest. For more than 70 years, we have remained true to our mission by developing pioneering hearing solutions that change people’s lives to thrive socially and emotionally.
Life is on.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Phonak
Phone +44 1925 623 600
Phone +41 58 928 33 25
Phone +1 331 204 27 99
Phone +86 13001271545